France!

At the end of the year I had the opportunity to fly over to France for a few days, first time there, and first time I've been anywhere in Europe as well. I absolutely loved it. The food culture is amazing, I loved the architecture, I made some great friends, and damn Paris is a romantic city.

I took a Kai KKA male pup over, first in France to my knowledge, and 'Ikko' will hopefully help the future of the breed in Europe. His owners are terrific people, and I love the way they know how to live with and train the Nihon Ken. Their first dog is a Shiba, and their dedication to her, and her's to them was evident.

Good luck in France Ikko!



We had dinner at the Eiffel Tower...


visited the Louvre...


My hosts were terrific guides as they took me all around Paris!



the Seine at night...



Cooked up some amazing venison...


and we got to take some great walks along the river near Ikko's new home, and here he is meeting some goats.

I got back into Tokyo a few hours before midnight to ring in the New Year with friends. 2010 was dismal, 2011, better, 2012 rocked my world. I'm excited about 2013!




Comments

  1. I hope you'll come back in France with a Kai for me next time ;)

    I am really glad you had a nice time in Paris, I wish I would have known as I am a silent reader of your blog but would have loved to meet you!

    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynthia. I'll have to post in on my blog before I go next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And hope 2013 kicks 2012 in the ass harder than 2012 did to 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! Paris is one neat place I wouldn't mind visiting at least once.

    I hope Ikko does well sounds like the owners are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, Arigato gosaimashita Shigeru
    We're glad that you loved your french trip :D

    Ikko is such a great guy, he learns so fast and now he plays softly with Naoki. We had no more pee accident inside ^^ even when we're back home after work there is no pee in the kitchen !

    If you come back to France, you know that you'll be always the welcome, our door will be opened ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy Ikko is doing so well, and I hope to see you all again soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment