Mini Barons

It's been in the works for a long time, a plan to breed Baron and produce the next generation of working Kishu. I'm now one step closer thanks to a little help from my friends.










This is Tenko, a 1.5 year old female out of show and hunting lines. It's exactly what I was looking for in a female, one with working lines behind her, but with show quality to try and make some good looking pups. To top it off I got really lucky because she's got a great temperament. She's like a female version of Baron, friendly to people, good with other dogs, and not a watchdog at all (silent!). Unfortunately she's also just like Baron in that she whines too haha. I can deal with that.

I had asked some friends that breed Kishu to let me know if they new of any nice young females I could have to breed with Baron. A few days later they called me and told me I could have one of their females. Tenko was already in heat, and within 2 days she was at my house playing with Baron. 1 week later and we have had our first tie. Hopefully I'll have a litter of pups out of them in September.

Things are getting nuts around here since 4 of my 5 females are now in heat. They're also all females I had hoped to breed this year haha. We'll see how that goes.

Comments

  1. Hoping to see the "Baroncini" in this future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenko is beautiful hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baron was such a wonderful dog when I visited; he really made me like his breed. I can only imagine that if Tenko has as fine a temperament as you say (and she is one good looking Kishu!) their pups are going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Baron's a fantastic hunter, but before and above all that he's a great companion.

      Delete

Post a Comment