Another Shikoku Database

So we already have a beautiful user generated pedigree database for the Shikoku Ken over at www.shikoku-pedigree.com that was put together by Nico over at Kasatori Sou in the Netherlands. I have however wanted a database to track COI, AVK, health issues, that sort of thing. The current Shikoku Pedigree site is great for a quick look up of a dog, get some good info and pictures, or putting pedigree information up quickly. It's user friendly.

What I've been working on for a while is a separate database that simply put will be less user friendly. And less friendly to me as well. I'm going through my excel database in Japanese with 96,000 entries, weeding out the dogs with not enough information, or double entries etc and am going to try to make it useful to track the past and current Shikoku gene pool.


https://shikokuken.pedigreedatabaseonline.com/en/ is where the data will be. I've currently put a bit of test data in there to see how it all comes up and calculates, how it handles Japanese kanji and searches, and so far all is good. I like the functionality of seeing the COI/AVK calculations, and being able to search for common ancestors in the pedigrees of multiple dogs (say you're looking for some connection concerning a genetic health issue).



Anyway, not sure how soon it will be before I get all the data up, but I reckon if I blog about it it will happen sooner!

Comments

  1. I like the site Shigeru. I think it will become a reallly good resource and reference point for breeders and people looking to get into the breed.

    How’s the working ability seemed for the latest generations of Shikoku Ken? There’s some of those older videos you posted of some really game Shikoku that I’ve always been impressed with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hunting with one of my young Shikoku females at the moment. She's doing alright, work in progress. My male Masa was also just getting started, but he's on a stud trip to Europe at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on the data entry! I have only ~1000 dogs in my database.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And about ~400 in the other database of the old dogs not well connected to the current dogs.

      Delete
    2. I've currently narrowed the data down to around 7500 dogs with the most complete data, to start the database. Just editing it, and hopefully this month should have it up on the site.

      Delete

Post a Comment