Nature vs. Nurture

The ongoing discussion regarding nature vs. nurture. Read this! http://paws4udogs.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/its-all-in-how-theyre-raised/



It's timely for me because just today I was talking with a buddy of mine that I'm mentoring, about this subject. My thoughts for today were that while getting a pup from a breeder that socializes and raises their pups in an optimal environment is terrific, could it be that getting a pup from a breeder who kennels their pups with minimal socialization, contact, and training, can allow you to better see a pup's base temperament? I've started to realize that often I get to see a pup's raw genetic temperament more clearly when it comes from a situation where the pup has not experienced very much and had time to create experience based behaviors. 

Comments