Faster Son

I don't think I've talked about it much, but I used to customize and restore motorcycles. I definitely have a thing for classics and authenticity, and I think that carries over into everything in my life. That being said, I'm not averse to the new either, or in pumping out hybrids of old and new.

I stumbled across this bit about legendary builder Shinya Kimura's new project. I'm lucky in that with the many different hats I wear, I get to meet people like this gentleman, masters of their craft (I haven't met Kimura-san). It's always an eye opening experience, involving a bit of awe, and a bit of a crush. People like this are the people I want to surround myself with. They'll push you to do more and be more, without even pushing. Just see what they're creating, and you can't help but feel challenged to put out 100% more you. It carries over into everything.

http://www.bikeexif.com/faster-son-shinya-kimura


This strikes me at the perfect time. I've been thinking recently about building another ride. We'll see where this goes.

Comments